Thursday, April 25, 2013

Day 5: A book that makes you happy

Bunnicula by James and Deborah Howe.


AH!  I didn't read this book until after I was in my mid-20s.  I bought a little anthology of three of the books for Rick as a fun Christmas present since I knew that he liked to read them when he was younger. 

And, so at 23 (maybe 24?) I read it for the very first time.  What a fun book. As a basic summary to the book, the Monroe family finds a bunny in the movie theater during the film Dracula.  The family adopts the bunny, naming him, "Bunnicula" since they had been watching the vampire movie at the time. 

While the humans of the family aren't completely aware of the true nature of the bunny, the family dog (Harold) and cat (Chester), concoct all sorts of weird theories as to why the bunny doesn't sleep at night, and why he seems to drain the juice out of fruits and vegetables. 

This is really a silly little story, but I love the relationship between the dog and cat.  I really like this book because it is fun, sweet, and innocent.  AND, it is completely age appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment