Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's been on my mind?

This is my little boy Evan.  
He's pretending to be a little girl in this picture, wearing my headband. :) 
He is the reason why I am so concerned about the future of education in this country.  Public schools are not what they used to be when I was in school.  Lately, I've been thinking a lot about possibly homeschooling.  I really do not want to home school Evan because I believe in the idea of public education and the socialization that he'll get from going to school.   Thankfully, I have some time.  This little guy is only 20 months old.  I still have a few years to make a choice!  :) 

2 comments:

  1. Wait, so what is wrong with the public school system?! I didn't learn crap and I still got good grades

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that they haven't changed much since you've been in school. I'm referring to all the problems with funding and the extreme focus on test scores.

    ReplyDelete