Monday, June 13, 2011

About Me

Hi.  My name is Rachel.

I am an almost 26 year old stay at home mom.  Before I was a 26 year old stay at home, I taught 3 years of 7th grade Reading, Language Arts and Social Studies.

I love 7th graders.  And I don't mean that in a creepy way.   I don't mean it in a sarcastic way either.  6th, 7th and 8th graders are some of the toughest age groups to manage and teach.   In those three years, I grew a lot as a teacher, friend, wife, mother and person.  I learned a lot from those crazy kids, and I want to share my experience with others.

This site will have many valuable resources to teachers, including management, engagement, and instructional strategies.  The main emphasis in instructional strategies will be ideas to supplement reading instruction.  I hope that you can find something beneficial to you and please leave a comment if you have any suggestions!  Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment