Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 13: Your favorite writer

For children's books, there really was no contest on this one.  Well, maybe a little bit.  I really like JK Rowling.  And Rick Riordan.  And Katherine Paterson (so underrated).

But my favorite writer of children's books is without a doubt, Roald Dahl.  I loved his books when I was younger, and to this day, I still enjoy reading his books, and I hope that my sons will enjoy reading his books as well.

I love that the way Dahl wrote brought so much creativity, imagination and magic to kids.  He had a wonderful sense of humor with the way that he wrote, and I really loved the books because they were so funny when I was younger.  I feel like they are definitely geared to children, but the young at heart would enjoy his books as well.

And he has so many wonderful things to say about the importance of children being children and using their imaginations.  LOVE this author, and I hope that I can get all of his books collected one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment